Sunday, June 21, 2009

What is up with California?

I have seen this state now with its sprawling cities, beautiful coast, and inland farms. I must say I am quite fond of it too. The place has an immense power and lure to it. I can almost understand why people are willingly to pay the ridiculous prices asked of them for desiring to live here. It is incredible. L.A. was exhausting. It took us 2 hours to drive 44 miles… Not cool. But oh the excitement that a city has can suck you right up. While in this city we hit up the places that are renown in American culture. We went to Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Huntington Beach, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Disney, and more. Wow. This all took place in less than 48 hours bear in mind. Hence my delay in posting. However now I am trying to squeeze one in before I completely crash from today. (We were in Portland today.)

I think the draw for California is its capability to offer more than just a single kind of lifestyle. A person can be active and business. The gold star for this idea is that it all can be done in 70ish degree weather. ;)

One of the popular things that people say about a place when we stop by is that XYZ is the friendliest city you will ever visit. I did not get that from L.A. in fact I formed a very contradicting opinion of that. While there all I saw were people stuck in their cars or with people they already were associated with for the most part. It was cold and depressing almost. In a place with all this beauty and possibility you have people completely annexed from their fellow mankind by the demands of their lifes and expectations from others. It was lonely.

I think that is why a city like L.A. can be booming. They need the beautiful weather and beaches to let people feel a live and free from the restraints of daily life. Otherwise I am not sure it would be able to continue its existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment