Monday, July 20, 2009

What Do I Do Now?

Conclusion…

Gosh, we got back late on the 15. It has been 5 days and I still do not know what to say. I feel like I have soo much I could say about this absolutely amazing trip. It helped me a lot and was the best [educational] experience I could hope for honestly. I have grown from it and my perspectives have certainly developed or completely changed even. I got caught “thinking sociologically” and that thrilled me. This way of seeing the world for more than just a simple black and white can be exhausting and disheartening sometimes. But then I only have to look somewhere else to find something that makes my heart soar. The good and the bad. The two together are what makes America so enticing for me.

I am drinking cucumber water currently. Before we left I hated cucumbers. Now I like the things so much I even want my water to taste like them sometimes! This is just an example of how I have changed ;). I feel like I will be realizing just how big of impact this has had on me for a long time, which makes me happy. I do know that this trip would not have been nearly as fabulous and sensational if the people who accompanied were not with me. So to them thank you so very much I enjoyed it greatly.

Oh another thing, the mayor of Rossford, Ohio told use that with this great experience comes great responsibility. I think this is very true. I also think that someone should find a way of telling American’s the truth about our country. Not just fixing the historical misconceptions like some books have done but also telling of what is the reality in the places where some may never go. Education that takes place within schools, growing up, does not cut it. I learned that first hand with so many of the experiences I had. So that means that if the institution is not working than an individual needs to work on it. I would love to say that individual was me but I don’t think I can sadly enough. Maybe I need a partner. Any advice or suggestions on this topic would be appreciated greatly.

A thanks also needs to go out to my readers! I hope you enjoyed them and I apologize if some were slaughtered from my tangents or unclear. I hate proof-reading:)

Last but not least I must acknowledge my professors Ken and Andi. Thanks does not seem like enough. They put up with a lot and did a lot and I am incredibly grateful. Thank you both so much!!

e.


P.s. I sort of like this blogging thing so be prepared for me to sometimes post something random on here. I am thinking once I am done drowning myself in papers I may explain to whoever cares why my new room is a wonderful mix of colors that do not ‘technically’ match ;)… Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment